Announcing migration of the robert-gig-announce mailing list / group
From: Robert Kennedy (robertten-ones-studio.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, everyone. This one-time e-mail is going to all members of my gig-announcement mailing list, including (just for this once) those who had selected the no-email option for their membership in the Google group I was using for the list.

This e-mail is just FYI. You do not need to take any action.

I'm writing to let you know that I'm moving my gig-announcement mailing list to be hosted on the mailman platform. In the past you would use Google Groups to manage your membership in the list (select options, unsubscribe, request a subscription with a new e-mail address, etc.); from now on you'll use the mailman interface at http://lists.robertkennedymusic.com/mailman/listinfo/robert-gig-announce.

I plan to delete the Google group soon once it's clear that the new setup is working.

You will continue to see (or not see, if you had selected the no-email option) my gig announcements whenever I send them to the list.

You can skip reading the rest of this message if you're not curious about details.

The info below is in case you want to change any of the options associated with your subscription to this list (or unsubscribe entirely). You might want to save this e-mail for future reference.

To begin using that interface to manage your subscription, you must log in with your e-mail address and password, and right now you have a unique password auto-generated by the mailman system, so of course you most likely do not know that password. So your first step will be to retrieve your password using these steps:
  1. Click on the mailman interface link above
  2. Find the section near the bottom with the heading "Unsubscribing from robert-gig-announce". Don't worry! Unsubscribing is only one of the things you can do with that section; I don't know why it's named like that.
  3. Enter your e-mail address in the box in that section and click the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button.
  4. Now you will be taken to a page with a "Password reminder" section at the bottom. Click the  "Remind" button to have your password e-mailed to you.
After those steps you should receive an e-mail message containing your password. Using that password, you can now log in on the very same page where you found the "Remind" button in step 4.

Once you're logged in, you're presented with a page where you can edit your subscription to your liking. The options there are pretty self-explanatory but of course if you have trouble feel free to reach out and I'll try to help.

Enjoy!

        -- Robert

http://robertkennedymusic.com
  • (no other messages in thread)